Is this Right?

Date: Mon, 09 Jan 1995 17:12:09 AST
From: Richard Seguin
Subject: math

How do you do a question like this?

2y(3y+1)-3(3y+1)+y(y+2)

I found to go like this

Add your commons

6Y^2 -8Y+4Y
Is this Right?

Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 16:37:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Dr. Ken
Subject: Re: math

Hello there!

It's almost right.  If you multiply these terms out, you'll get
6y^2 + 2y - 9y - 3 + y^2 + 2y.  And then you add common terms to get
(6+1)y^2 + (2-9+2)y -3          , which equals
7y^2 - 5y - 3.

If you didn't follow any of these steps, please write back and we'll try to
help you.

-Ken "Dr." Math

Associated Topics:
High School Basic Algebra