Recommended Algebra Software

Date: 7/23/96 at 14:39:32
From: Jan BenDor
Subject: Recommended Algebra Software

I am a 12 year old and I am looking for math software programs that
focus on algebra.  I would appreciate it if you could recommend some
you can get in stores.

Thanks a lot,

	Todd

Date: 10/23/96 at 10:31:54
From: Doctor Sarah
Subject: Re: Recommended Algebra Software

Hi Todd! Your best bet for finding software is to look at one or
more of the following sites:

        UTK Math Archives:
          A collection of software, abstracts and reviews focused
          on indexing what's on the Internet.
            http://archives.math.utk.edu/software.html

        Eisenhower National Clearinghouse (ENC) Resource Finder
          A searchable catalog of curriculum resources particularly
          useful for print resources and multimedia.
            http://enc.org/classroom/claslinx/nf_index.htm

        HyperArchive (Info-Mac)
          Downloadable science and math shareware sorted by name
          or by date, with direct links to the source.
            http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Abstracts/sci/HyperArchive.html

        K-12 Mathematics Lessons and Software Database
          Lessons in mathematics all of which must use the Internet
          in some way, and programs related to teaching mathematics.
            http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/mathed/queryform.html

          Or consult these specific programs and companies:

          Key Curriculum Press         SimCalc
            http://www.keypress.com/        http://www.simcalc.umassd.edu/

          MathSoft                     Mathematica
            http://www.mathsoft.com/        http://www.wri.com/

                   - Hope this helps - good luck! -

-Doctor Sarah,  The Math Forum

High School Basic Algebra