Recommended Algebra Software

Date: 7/23/96 at 14:39:32
From: Jan BenDor
Subject: Recommended Algebra Software

I am a 12 year old and I am looking for math software programs that
focus on algebra.  I would appreciate it if you could recommend some
you can get in stores.

Thanks a lot,

Date: 10/23/96 at 10:31:54
From: Doctor Sarah
Subject: Re: Recommended Algebra Software

Hi Todd! Your best bet for finding software is to look at one or
more of the following sites:

        UTK Math Archives:
          A collection of software, abstracts and reviews focused
          on indexing what's on the Internet.

        Eisenhower National Clearinghouse (ENC) Resource Finder
          A searchable catalog of curriculum resources particularly
          useful for print resources and multimedia.

        HyperArchive (Info-Mac)
          Downloadable science and math shareware sorted by name
          or by date, with direct links to the source.

        K-12 Mathematics Lessons and Software Database
          Lessons in mathematics all of which must use the Internet
          in some way, and programs related to teaching mathematics.

          Or consult these specific programs and companies:

          Key Curriculum Press         SimCalc
            http://www.keypress.com/        http://www.simcalc.umassd.edu/

          MathSoft                     Mathematica
            http://www.mathsoft.com/        http://www.wri.com/

                   - Hope this helps - good luck! -

-Doctor Sarah,  The Math Forum
High School Basic Algebra