Where's the Math in Tessellations?

Date: 1/19/96 at 16:41:32
From: Barb Barras Mfg 4-6967 ~BHOSVWZ#091
Subject: tessellations

My son is doing an honors project for his 9th grade algebra class.
He is to make the connection between math and art.  Researching
tessellations would prove helpful.  But it seem the only information
we come up with is about M.C. Escher and some examples of
tessellations.  We got the program 'TesselMania' and it's great.
He would like to have some help on making the connection between
art and math.

Can you help?

Barb Barras

Date: 1/20/96 at 7:4:22
From: Doctor Sarah
Subject: Re: tessellations

Hi Barb -

One of our Forum Teacher Associates, Suzanne Alejandre, has
written a Web unit on tessellations that includes a section
called "Where's the Math?"  It starts at

 http://mathforum.org/sum95/suzanne/tess.intro.html

and includes many pages linked to this URL.

Good luck with the honors project!

-Doctor Sarah,  The Geometry Forum

Associated Topics:
High School Symmetry/Tessellations