Conjugates

Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 17:31:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Reno Bryce
Subject: Conjugate

What's a conjugate? (I'm in calculus, I've heard the term before, I just had
a mental malfunction...:) )

From: Dr. Ken
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 12:07:28 -0500 (EST)

Hello there!

The term conjugate is used to describe several different things.  For
instance, two complex numbers a + bi and a - bi are conjugate.  Also, the
two matrices A and B^(-1) A B are conjugate.  It usually refers to two (or
more) items that are related by some special property.

What is the context in which you saw the term?

-Ken "Dr." Math

Associated Topics:
High School Calculus