Analytic Integration Problem

Date: 13 Jul 1995 05:06:07 -0400
From: Anonymous
Subject: help

Is it possible to integrate analytically this equation:

integrate [exp(-zcosh(t)] dt

where z is a constant?

Thanks for your help.

Date: 13 Jul 1995 09:11:33 -0400
From: Dr. Ken
Subject: Re: help

Hello there!

Well, I plugged this integration into our big fancy computer program
(Mathematica) and asked it what it could do.  It couldn't do anything on
it, so I suspect it's not doable by analytic methods.  Hope this helps!

-K

Associated Topics:
High School Calculus