e - The Transcendental Number

Date: 5/16/96 at 17:24:31
From: Anonymous
Subject: e - the transcendental number

In doing a calculus project for my pre-AP Calculus class, I discovered
that no one has written a history of "e", the transcendental number.
Can you help us?

Date: 5/17/96 at 16:52:30
From: Doctor Ken
Subject: Re: e - the transcendental number

Hello!

Actually, I think somebody has written a history of e.  I found this:

E. Maor, e: The Story of a Number, Princeton Univ. Press 1994

You might see if your librarian can find it for you.

-Doctor Ken,  The Math Forum

High School Transcendental Numbers