Graphs with Three Vertices

Date: 03/31/99 at 04:49:51
From: Edward Jones
Subject: Graphs with three vertices

I am currently working on a project that asks me to find out about
the basics of graph theory. One of the last things that I have to do
is to draw graphs with 3 vertices. What are these? Could you give
me some examples?

I have tried looking in books and on the Internet, but I am still not
clear what I am required to draw.

Thanks for the help!

Date: 03/31/99 at 15:23:05
From: Doctor Rob
Subject: Re: Graphs with three vertices

Here are a few examples:

1)
    O    O    O

2)
    O----O    O

3)
    O----O----O

4)
    |\
    | \
    |  \
    O---O

5)

6)
     ,--.
    O====O    O
     `--'

I think you get the idea! There are actually infinitely many
possibilities.

- Doctor Rob, The Math Forum

High School Discrete Mathematics