2D Graphing Software: Maple

Date: 7/15/96 at 11:48:39
From: Gail Chew
Subject: 2D Graphing Software

Dear Sir,

I'm a first year student studying in a Junior College in Singapore.
Recently, I've been having a problem sketching curves, especially
hyperbolas and certain mathematical equations. I've read in the news
that certain college mathematic computer programs let you magnify a
certain area and analyze the curve. For example you can find the
intersection points of two curves.

I'm hoping that you can recommend some PC software that could help me
tackle this problem.

Yours sincerely,
Gail Chew

Date: 7/15/96 at 12:21:46
From: Doctor Paul
Subject: Re: 2D Graphing Software

Maple V is a great tool for graphing and examining functions.  It's
available for free downloading at

http://www.maplesoft.com/Demos.html

a Maple V tutorial is available at Indiana university:

  http://www.indiana.edu/~statmath/smdoc/Maple.html
and
  http://www.indiana.edu/~statmath/smdoc/MapleUltrix/index.html

Good Luck!