Synthetic Division on the HP48

Date: 09/11/97 at 17:49:46
From: Gary Bacchus
Subject: Synthetic Division on the HP48

I read that you have a program for synthetic division for the HP48.
I was wondering if you could send it to me.

Thank you.

Date: 09/12/97 at 09:10:29
From: Doctor Jerry
Subject: Re: Synthetic Division on the HP48

Hi Gary,

Here is a program that I wrote. I call it SYND. It takes as inputs
two things: in level 1 the number c you wish to test, and in level 2
the polynomial, in the form [1 2 1], which would stand for 1x^2+2x+1.
The program returns [1 2 1] in level 2, for use again if needed, and
the coefficients of the division in level 1, for deletion if wanted.
If level 1 of the input contains 'X' the program returns the factored
form of the polynomial (which is the remainder).

<< -> P C
<< P SIZE OBJ->
DROP -> M
<< 0 P 1  (the symbol "O" here is a zero)
1 M 1 - START
GETI 4 ROLL + DUP
4 ROLLD C * 3 ROLLD
NEXT GET +