Composite Functions

Date: 4/5/96 at 2:0:53
From: Brac
Subject: Math

I need a detailed solution for these math equations:

1)
                fog(x) = 7x + 3
                gof(x) = 7x - 3
                f(0) = 1
                g(0) = .......

2)
                5x^2 + log(x) = 0
                log(10) = 1
                x = ........

P.T. Astra International  | Iwan Santoso
Jl. Ir. H. Juanda 22      | I.T. Division
Jakarta - 10120           |
Indonesia                 |

Date: 4/7/96 at 19:34:30
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: Math

Use the information that you have to find some values of g(x).

g(1) = g(f(0)) = 4             f(4) = f(g(1)) = 10
g(10) = g(f(4)) = 25           f(25) = f(g(10)) = 73
g(73) = g(f(25)) = 172

From these values of g, you can see that the g is a linear
function. Use this information to get an equation for g and then
just evaluate it at g(0).

-Doctor John,  The Math Forum

High School Functions