Geometry Constructions with Compass and Straightedge

Date: 11/13/98 at 17:06:02
From: Arjumand Zaidi
Subject: Geometry Constructions with compass and straightedge

I need help constructing medians, angle bisectors, and perpendicular
bisectors of triangles using compass and straightedge.

Date: 11/15/98 at 04:56:18
From: Doctor Floor

Hi Arjumand,

Thanks for your question. I think it can be answered best by showing
the construction in images.

Here is how to construct an angle bisector:

And here is a method for constructing the perpendicular bisector of a
segment:

The construction shown above also gives you the midpoint of a segment.
To construct the A-median of ABC, connect the midpoint of BC and
vertex A.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
- Doctor Floor, The Math Forum