Dimensions of Rectangle

Date: 10 Jul 1995 11:50:15 -0400
From: Michelle Arsenea
Subject: Geometry

Question:

A certain rectangle has the same number of centimeters in its
perimeter as it has square centimeters in its area.  What can be the
dimensions of the rectangle?

Date: 11 Jul 1995 21:12:35 -0400
From: Dr. Ken
Subject: Re: Geometry

Hey there!

Since you seem to have accessed our service through the Web, I've made a
sketch of your problem and placed it in our web site.  You can access it
through the URL http://mathforum.org/dr.math/sketches/rectangle.gsp   .
I think that you'll get a whole lot out of the sketch.  Play with it a while
to get your brain around the problem.

In order to view the sketch, you'll need a copy of The Geometer's Sketchpad.
You can obtain a copy of the demo version of it via the URL
http://mathforum.org/sketchpad/gsp.gallery/gallery.html

Enjoy!

-K

Associated Topics: