Surface Area of a Right Circular Cone

Date: 9/5/95 at 20:44:1
From: Estelle E. Klein
Subject: algebra class

Could you please tell me the formula for finding the surface area of a
right circular cone?

Date: 9/6/95 at 11:12:7
From: Doctor Ken
Subject: Re: algebra class

Hello!

I think the easiest formula to use is Pi R L, where L is the slant height.
I.e, if we have height H, L = Sqrt{R^2 + H^2}.

If you also want the area of the base of the cone, that's Pi R^2.

- Doctor Ken,  The Geometry Forum

Associated Topics:
High School Geometry
High School Higher-Dimensional Geometry