Books about Proofs

Date: 10/26/95 at 20:41:40
From: Anonymous
Subject: Understanding How To Do Proofs.

I just need some help on proofs.  I really don't understand how to
do them and they are making my grade go down substantially in my
Geometry class.

It would be most helpful if you gave me some advice on how to
understand them and doing them.

Thanks a lot!

Date: 12/19/95 at 13:56:59
From: Doctor Tarin
Subject: Re: Understanding How To Do Proofs.

This question is a bit vague; we can't help too much unless you
tell us what types of proofs, cite specific examples, try to tell
us what problems you're having, etc.  Send along one or two proofs
you're having trouble with and we'll try to deal with those. You'd
be surprised how much a few examples can help you understand a lot
of other problems.

Alternatively, you could take a look at two excellent books that
helped me understand proofs:

   How to Solve It, by G.Polya
   How to Read and Do Proofs, by Daniel Solow.

The first one will probably be more helpful for you.  Both should be
available at larger bookstores (Borders).

-Doctor Tarin,  The Geometry Forum

Associated Topics:
High School Euclidean/Plane Geometry
High School Geometry