Constructing the Orthocenter

Date: 01/27/99 at 17:43:51
From: Justin
Subject: Orthocenter

I need the steps for how to construct it!

Date: 01/28/99 at 09:40:51
From: Doctor Floor
Subject: Re: Orthocenter

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your question. I suppose you want to know how to construct
the orthocenter of a triangle using just ruler and straightedge.

To construct the orthocenter you should construct two (three are not
necessary) altitudes in a triangle. Their intersection is the

You can construct an altitude in a triangle like this:

More basic constructions can be found in the Dr. Math archives:

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
- Doctor Floor, The Math Forum
Associated Topics: