The Math Forum

Ask Dr. Math - Questions and Answers from our Archives
Associated Topics || Dr. Math Home || Search Dr. Math

Instruments for Measuring Angles

Date: 09/28/2001 at 00:01:17
From: Gentry Wesner
Subject: I need the name of 3 to 5 devices used to measure angles


I need the name, picture, or description of 5 devices used to measure 
angles for a geometry project I am doing.  

Thank you very much.

Gentry Weser

Date: 09/28/2001 at 17:05:37
From: Doctor Rick
Subject: Re: I need the name of 3 to 5 devices used to measure angles

Hi, Gentry.

I have some words for you. Look them up in a dictionary for starters, 
then in an encyclopedia or on the Web. Find what kind of angles each 
instrument measures, and how it works.

  magnetic compass

- Doctor Rick, The Math Forum   
Associated Topics:
High School Euclidean/Plane Geometry
High School Geometry
Middle School Geometry
Middle School Measurement
Middle School Two-Dimensional Geometry

Search the Dr. Math Library:

Find items containing (put spaces between keywords):
Click only once for faster results:

[ Choose "whole words" when searching for a word like age.]

all keywords, in any order at least one, that exact phrase
parts of words whole words

Submit your own question to Dr. Math

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

Math Forum Home || Math Library || Quick Reference || Math Forum Search

Ask Dr. MathTM
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.