First Ten Perfect Numbers

Date: 12/11/2001 at 21:54:04
From: Tink
Subject: Perfect numbers?

I have to figure out at least 10 perfect numbers for my homework. Do
you think you could help me?

Thanks so much,
Tink Hill

Date: 12/12/2001 at 09:44:08
From: Doctor Sarah
Subject: Re: Perfect numbers?

Hi Tink - thanks for writing to Dr. Math.

You can find information about perfect numbers in the Dr. Math FAQ:

   http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.perfect.html

and Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics at

   http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PerfectNumber.html

For the first ten numbers, see Sloane's On-Line Encyclopedia of
Integer Sequences:

   http://www.research.att.com/cgi-bin/access.cgi/as/njas/sequences/eisA.cgi?Anum=000396

6
28
496
8128
33550336
8589869056
137438691328
2305843008139952128
2658455991569831744654692615953842176
191561942608236107294793378084303638130997321548169216

- Doctor Sarah, The Math Forum

High School Number Theory