Combinations of Three Words

Date: 8/28/96 at 3:0:42
From: Timothy R V Foster
Subject: Combinations of Three Words

I have three columns of 20 words each. I take one word from column 1,
one from column 2, and one from column 3, and use them as a string.
How many combinations are there?

Date: 8/29/96 at 22:36:5
From: Doctor Jodi
Subject: Re: Combinations of Three Words

Hi there! Well, if you have no restrictions (on re-use of words, for
example), then the number of possibilities is simply 20 * 20 * 20.
Hope this helps....

-Doctor Jodi,  The Math Forum

Date: 8/30/96 at 4:37:6
From: Timothy R V Foster
Subject: Re: mathquest

Thanks. I didn't think it would be that easy!

Timothy R. V. Foster