Probability: 8-sided die

Date: 4/25/96 at 10:49:39
From: David Charlton
Subject: Math

I have an octahedron-what's the probability I'll roll a seven?

Date: 7/19/96 at 16:36:57
From: Doctor Patrick
Subject: Re: Math

If you are using an octahedron - an 8 sided die - there will be
8 possible outcomes to your roll, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Since there is one 7 in that list the chance of rolling it is 1/8.

-Doctor Patrick,  The Math Forum

High School Probability