Pantograph

Date: 04/02/97 at 18:56:11
From: Ravi Patel
Subject: Pantograph

Hello,

If you have any information on the pantograph, I would appreciate it
if you could send it to me.

Thank you.

Date: 05/03/97 at 17:44:07
From: Doctor Bill
Subject: Re: Pantograph

Dear Ravi,

In the Mathematics Dictionary published by Van Nostrand Reinhold
Company, and also in Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, they define
a pantograph and also have illustrations.

A pantograph is an instrument that can be used to copy line drawings
or other pictures, enlarging or reducing them in the process.

Using a searcher you can find sites on the Web about pantographs:

  How to make a pantograph:
  http://users.hubwest.com/hubert/mrscience/pantograph.html

  The Reproducing Pantograph - J. Jacobsen
  http://www.carousels.com/reprod.htm

  Large version of the Pantograph
  http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/~haptic/devices/pantograph.html

  Grove Dictionary of Art
  http://www.artnet.com/library/06/0651/T065106.asp

And see Richard Feynman's classic 1959 talk, "There's Plenty of Room at
the Bottom - An Invitation to Enter a New Field of Physics" (reference to
pantographs is well into the talk, so persevere).

  http://www.zyvex.com/nanotech/feynman.html

-Doctors Bill and Sarah,  The Math Forum

High School Projects