Date: 04/02/97 at 18:56:11
From: Ravi Patel
Subject: Pantograph

If you have any information on the pantograph, I would appreciate it
if you could send it to me.

Thank you.

Date: 05/03/97 at 17:44:07
From: Doctor Bill
Subject: Re: Pantograph

Dear Ravi,

In the Mathematics Dictionary published by Van Nostrand Reinhold
Company, and also in Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, they define
a pantograph and also have illustrations.

A pantograph is an instrument that can be used to copy line drawings
or other pictures, enlarging or reducing them in the process.

Using a searcher you can find sites on the Web about pantographs:

  How to make a pantograph:
  The Reproducing Pantograph - J. Jacobsen
  Large version of the Pantograph

  Grove Dictionary of Art

And see Richard Feynman's classic 1959 talk, "There's Plenty of Room at
the Bottom - An Invitation to Enter a New Field of Physics" (reference to
pantographs is well into the talk, so persevere).

-Doctors Bill and Sarah,  The Math Forum
High School Projects