Look-and-Say Sequence

Date: 02/14/2002 at 17:57:44
From: Vanessa
Subject: Find the 6 missing numbers in number sequences

I can't figure the answer out. I can't seem to find the next six

Date: 02/15/2002 at 12:21:02
From: Doctor Douglas
Subject: Re: Find the 6 missing numbers in number sequences

Hi, Vanessa, and thanks for writing.

This is a famous sequence known as the "look-and-say" sequence. You
can probably figure out how the whole sequence works just from that
hint alone (try it!).

You can find out lots more interesting information about this and
closely related sequences at the following sites:

  121, 111211, 311221 Puzzle

  Look and Say Sequence: MathWorld - Eric Weisstein

  Conway's Constant - Steven Finch

  Conway Sequence - Torsten Sillke

I hope this helps.

- Doctor Douglas, The Math Forum