Consecutive Integers Problem

Date: 2/16/96 at 13:8:53
From: Lorrane Chung
Subject: Consecutive Integers

Could you please help me solve this problem:

Find 3 consecutive integers whose sum equals 66.

Thanks,
Lorrane
chungl@acs.ucalgary.ca

Date: 2/19/96 at 22:37:39
From: Doctor Byron
Subject: Re: Consecutive Integers

Hi Lorrane,

In your problem, if the three integers you are looking for are
going to have a sum equal to 66 than their average must be
66/3 = 22.

Three consecutive integers whose average is 22 are 21, 22,
and 23.

I hope this has been helpful.  Good luck.

-Doctor Byron,  The Math Forum

Associated Topics:
Middle School Algebra