Restrictions on Variables in Division

Date: 8/4/96 at 18:25:6
From: Shannon
Subject: Restrictions on Division

In simplifying rational expressions  I have to identify the
"restrictions" on several expressions, but I'm having trouble.
I know that:

1.  The restrictions are in the denominator, not the numerator
2.  It's not possible to have a term in the denominator containing a
    variable equal to zero.  If it does,  it becomes a restriction.

   For some reason I'm not doing it right.  I have provided
   two sample questions.  I hope you can help.  Thanks.

a)  y^3 + 8           b)        x^3 + 64