Substituting Values for Variables

Date: 9/2/96 at 19:18:54
From: Darlene Ayers
Subject: Substituting values for variables

This is what I know about this problem. a=-3/4 and b=-1/3.  Here is
the problem:  2a+7b-ab/7a squared. Can you please work this problem?

Thanks so much.

Kristin Ayers

Date: 9/2/96 at 23:25:15
From: Doctor Jodi
Subject: Re: Substituting values for variables

Hi Kristin!  When you know the values for variables, you can replace
the variables with their values.  For example, if you know

   z = 6

and you want to know

   2z + 1,

you can say