Resources for Math History

Date: 10/24/95 at 21:38:16
From: Anonymous
Subject: History of basic math

I am doing a research project on the history of basic math - the origins
of numbers, counting, the people who first used or discovered these, and
how it affected civilization.  I have searched my local library but have
been unable to find any books appropriate for a grade 7 student.

Can you please help?

Thank you.

Date: 11/5/95 at 16:7:15
From: Doctor Ethan
Subject: Re: History of basic math

If you have access to the Web you could go check out

D. Joyce's Math History Page

or you could try this history page.

If you don't have web access then write back and I will try to
recommend a good book.

-Doctor Ethan,  The Geometry Forum

Associated Topics:
Middle School History/Biography