Resources for Math History

Date: 10/24/95 at 21:38:16
From: Anonymous
Subject: History of basic math

Hi,

I am doing a research project on the history of basic math - the origins
of numbers, counting, the people who first used or discovered these, and
how it affected civilization.  I have searched my local library but have
been unable to find any books appropriate for a grade 7 student.

Can you please help?

Thank you.

Rebecca

Date: 11/5/95 at 16:7:15
From: Doctor Ethan
Subject: Re: History of basic math

If you have access to the Web you could go check out

D. Joyce's Math History Page
http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/mathhist/mathhist.html

or you could try this history page.

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk:80/~history

If you don't have web access then write back and I will try to
recommend a good book.

-Doctor Ethan,  The Geometry Forum

Associated Topics:
Middle School History/Biography