Perfect Square: Definition

Date: 10/24/1999 at 12:02:01
From: mike short
Subject: Prime factorization

What is a perfect square?

Date: 10/24/1999 at 14:06:00
From: Doctor White
Subject: Re: Prime factorization

Mike:

Welcome to the exciting world of mathematics. A perfect square is a
number that has a whole number as its square root. (I.e. X^2 is equal
to X times X)

Some examples of perfect squares are:

      1, since 1 x 1 = 1
      4, since 2 x 2 = 4
      9, since 3 x 3 = 9
     16, since 4 x 4 = 16
     etc.

Hope this is what you are looking for. Come back to see us soon.

- Doctor White, The Math Forum

Elementary Definitions
Elementary Square Roots
Middle School Definitions