A Hint for a Geometry Proof

Date: 6 Jan 1995 11:09:46 -0500
From: Paul Pragin
Subject: Geometry

Prove: If a segment whose endpoints lie on opposite sides of a
parallelogram passes through the midpoint of a diagonal, that segment
is bisected by the diagonal.

I can't prove that. Can you help me?

Thank you very much,
Paul Pragin

Date: 6 Jan 1995 13:08:32 -0500
From: Anonymous
Subject: Re: Geometry

Hi Paul,

To get you started, draw a picture and look at the two triangles that
get made.  Those two triangles look the same to me.  What would
happen if you tried to show that they are equal?

-- Steve Weimar ("chief of staff")

Associated Topics:
Middle School Geometry