A 14-Sided Polygon

Date: 7/28/96 at 20:29:7
From: Anonymous
Subject: What do you call a 14-sided figure?

What is the proper name for a 14-sided figure?

Date: 7/30/96 at 16:5:10
From: Doctor Robert
Subject: Re: What do you call a 14-sided figure?

I'm not sure what your definition of "proper" is, but there is nothing
improper about calling a fourteen-sided figure a 14-sided figure!
Although Greek prefixes are often used on polygons of up to 10 sides,
they are not often used for figures with more sides.

For a full discussion, see this entry in the archives:

  http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/naming.polygons.html

A 14-sided figure would be a tetradecagon.

-Doctor Robert,  The Math Forum

Elementary Geometry
Elementary Triangles and Other Polygons
Elementary Two-Dimensional Geometry