Find the Angles

Date: 9/11/96 at 15:48:57
From: Anonymous
Subject: Triangle Word Problem

Could you please help me answer this question?

The first angle of a triangle is eight degrees more than two times
the third angle. The second angle is two degrees less than three
times the third angle. Find all three angles.

Thanks.
     Mollie

Date: 9/11/96 at 16:6:21
From: Doctor Ken
Subject: Re: Triangle Word Problem

Hello -

Here's a hint: you'll have to use the fact that the three angles of
this triangle add up to 180 degrees.  So use some algebra: let x be
the first angle, y be the second angle, and z be the third angle.
Then try to find 3 equations that relate x, y, and z.  Good luck, and
write back if you're still confused!

-Doctor Ken,  The Math Forum

Middle School Geometry
Middle School Word Problems