Find the Angles

Date: 9/11/96 at 15:48:57
From: Anonymous
Subject: Triangle Word Problem

Could you please help me answer this question?

The first angle of a triangle is eight degrees more than two times
the third angle. The second angle is two degrees less than three
times the third angle. Find all three angles.

Date: 9/11/96 at 16:6:21
From: Doctor Ken
Subject: Re: Triangle Word Problem

Hello -

Here's a hint: you'll have to use the fact that the three angles of
this triangle add up to 180 degrees.  So use some algebra: let x be
the first angle, y be the second angle, and z be the third angle.
Then try to find 3 equations that relate x, y, and z.  Good luck, and
write back if you're still confused!

-Doctor Ken,  The Math Forum
Middle School Geometry
Middle School Word Problems