Dividing a Circle into Eleven Pieces

Date: 03/03/2002 at 16:19:11
From: Sam Sterling
Subject: Circle divide

Show how you could divide a circle into 11 pieces using only four
straight lines. I could only get to 10 pieces.

Thank you.

Date: 03/04/2002 at 10:46:03
From: Doctor Sarah
Subject: Re: Circle divide

Hi Sam - thanks for writing to Dr. Math.

See if this diagram helps you figure it out:

- Doctor Sarah, The Math Forum

Middle School Conic Sections/Circles
Middle School Geometry