Math Tricks

Date: 1/14/96 at 4:32:37
From: Anonymous
Subject: 'Mathemagics'

Hello... I just got through watching a infomercial on
'Mathemagics'. Basically, the creators of this program say that if
you buy their product, it will teach you how to do complex math
problems in your head.  Like multipying any size numbers together,
or dividing any two numbers. And it says it will teach you how to
do this 'faster than a calculator'.

I was wondering if you might know how some of these feats are
done? And, if you do know, perhaps you might enlighten me a little
bit.

Thanks in advance..

Date: 1/15/96 at 21:53:31
From: Doctor Sarah
Subject: Re: 'Mathemagics'

Hello there -

We've just put together a series of Web pages that may be what
you're asking for.  Check 'em out:

  http://mathforum.org/k12/mathtips/

You'll find tips and tricks for dividing by numbers from 3 to 11,
and a series of calculation hints from the BEATCALC mailing list.
If you follow the BEATCALC link, you'll reach information on how
to subscribe to their mailing list.

Have fun learning these shortcuts!

- Doctor Sarah,  The Math Forum

Associated Topics: