Game of 24

Date: 7/15/96 at 21:45:36
From: Cyril G. Kurtz
Subject: Game of "24"

I hear that kids up north (I'm in GA) are playing a game called 24.
They even have tournaments.  Some Alex Trebek type gives four numbers
that the students must combine by addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, or a combination thereof to bring about the
answer, 24.

Can you tell me more about this and suggest an algorithm by which I
might generate by computer an answer sheet so I can teach my kids this
game called 24?

Cy Kurtz

Date: 7/24/96 at 17:2:28
From: Doctor Jodi
Subject: Re: 24?

Hi Cy!  I just walked into the local toy store today and saw a copy of
this game, 24.  The owner says that it is very popular and very good;
I myself have never played it so I couldn't really say.

The manufacturer is:
Suntex International
118 North 3rd Street
Easton, PA 18042

I'm sure they'd be happy to give you more information.  If you hear
anything useful from them, please pass it on.

Sorry we couldn't be more help...  Best luck!

-Doctor Jodi,  The Math Forum

Date: 7/28/96 at 20:24:2
From: Cyril G. Kurtz
Subject: 24

I found a computerized version of 24.  It's at:

It's shareware ($10).
Associated Topics:
Elementary Puzzles
Middle School Puzzles