Game of 24

Date: 7/15/96 at 21:45:36
From: Cyril G. Kurtz
Subject: Game of "24"

I hear that kids up north (I'm in GA) are playing a game called 24.
They even have tournaments.  Some Alex Trebek type gives four numbers
that the students must combine by addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, or a combination thereof to bring about the
answer, 24.

Can you tell me more about this and suggest an algorithm by which I
might generate by computer an answer sheet so I can teach my kids this
game called 24?

Thanks
Cy Kurtz

Date: 7/24/96 at 17:2:28
From: Doctor Jodi
Subject: Re: 24?

Hi Cy!  I just walked into the local toy store today and saw a copy of
this game, 24.  The owner says that it is very popular and very good;
I myself have never played it so I couldn't really say.

The manufacturer is:
Suntex International
118 North 3rd Street
Easton, PA 18042
215-253-5255

I'm sure they'd be happy to give you more information.  If you hear
anything useful from them, please pass it on.

Sorry we couldn't be more help...  Best luck!

-Doctor Jodi,  The Math Forum

Date: 7/28/96 at 20:24:2
From: Cyril G. Kurtz
Subject: 24

I found a computerized version of 24.  It's at:

ftp://ftp.nuri.net/pub/simtelnet/win3/edu/make2420.zip

It's shareware ($10).

Associated Topics:
Elementary Puzzles
Middle School Puzzles