Ratio of Anti-Freeze to Water

Date: 7/28/96 at 2:47:59
From: Anonymous
Subject: Ratio of Liquid to Make Mixture

I have a 1 gallon (128 oz.) container of anti-freeze/coolant. I need
to fill my radiator with a 60/40 mixture of the anti-freeze and water
(60 percent antifreeze, 40 percent water). How much water should I add
to the gallon of anti-freeze to make a 60/40 solution?

Thank you.

Date: 7/28/96 at 17:14:19
From: Doctor Anthony
Subject: Re: Liquid ratio

For every gallon of anti-freeze you require 2/3 of a gallon of water.
Assuming the same density of water and anti-freeze, this would be
85.33 oz of water per gallon of anti-freeze.

-Doctor Anthony,  The Math Forum

Middle School Ratio and Proportion