Percent Problem

Date: 21 May 1995 17:50:54 -0400
From: Sandip Mody
Subject: Help

Reply as soon as possible!!! THANKS
27 is what percent of 76?

Date: 21 May 1995 19:14:55 -0400
From: Dr. Ken
Subject: Re: Help

Hello there!

I'll help with the translation into an equation, and then see if you can
take it from there.

Let's take your statement and translate it, step-by-step into an equation:

27 is what percent of 76
27 =  what percent of 76
27 =  x% of 76
27 = (x/100) * 76
27 = 76x/100

Can you do the rest?

-K

Date: 22 May 1995 12:00:07 -0400
From: Sandip Mody

The answer I got was about 35.5%, is that correct?

Date: 22 May 1995 13:45:36 -0400
From: Dr. Ken

Yes, 35.5% is right.

Associated Topics: