Quadrant

Date: 03/25/2001 at 18:52:52
From: Kirsten
Subject: Quadrants

What is a quadrant?

Date: 03/25/2001 at 22:53:21
From: Doctor Peterson
Subject: Re: Quadrants

Hi, Kirsten.

"Quadrant" means "quarter," and in particular one of the four parts
into which a plane is divided by the coordinate axes. They are
numbered from 1 to 4, starting at the x axis and proceeding
counterclockwise (since we measure angles in that direction):

        ^
      2 | 1

      3 | 4

- Doctor Peterson, The Math Forum