Converting Meters to Feet

Date: 6/5/96 at 12:47:52
From: CENTURYinter.net
Subject: Meters to feet

How many feet are there in one meter?
How many feet and inches is 1.84m?

Date: 6/5/96 at 17:6:48
From: Doctor Jodi
Subject: Re: Meters to feet

Hi there! Let me just get you started on this problem...

There are 2.54 cm to one inch. Since there are 12 inches in a foot,
there are 12 inches * 2.54 cm/inch = 30.48 centimeters in a foot.

There are 100 centimeters in a
meter, so there are 100 centimeters/ 2.54 cm/inch = 39 47/127 inches
in a meter.

Now can you tell ME how many feet and inches there are in 1.84 meters?
Let us know if you need more help!

-Doctor Jodi,  The Math Forum

Elementary Terms & Units of Measurement