Convert Degrees to Radians

Date: 7/21/96 at 15:15:1
From: Detriment
Subject: Convert Degrees to Radians

Could you please tell me how to convert degrees to radians, and vice
versa?

Sincerely,
Ryan Ruehl

Date: 7/21/96 at 19:50:46
From: Doctor Robert
Subject: Re: Convert Degrees to Radians

It is really quite simple if you remember two things. Working in
degrees, one revolution is 360 degrees.  When working in radians,
there are two pi(2 times pi) radians in one revolution.  So it becomes
evident that

  360 degrees = 2 pi radians

so that

  1 degree = 2 pi/360 radians = .0175 rad (approx)
or
  1 radian = 360/(2 pi) = 57.3 degrees (approx)

To convert radians into degrees you should multiply by 180/pi.
To convert degrees into radians you should multiply by pi/180.

Hope that this helps.

-Doctor Robert,  The Math Forum

High School Conic Sections/Circles
High School Geometry