Converting Metric Units

Date: 8/30/96 at 20:52:14
From: Roger
Subject: Converting Metric Units

Do you have any suggestions about converting ml to liters etc.?

Date: 9/1/96 at 0:9:6
From: Doctor Jerry
Subject: Re: Converting Metric Units

I like to use "unit cancellation" in doing such conversions.  I'll
illustrate with an example.  Suppose I want to convert 27.3 ml to
liters. I must remember that 1000 ml is equivalent to 1 liter.  So,

27.3 ml *  1 liter
           _______
           1000 ml

Note that the "ml" cancels from numerator and denominator, leaving
liters.  Doing the arithmetic gives 0.0273 liters.

-Doctor Jerry,  The Math Forum