Converting Time

Date: 8/30/96 at 8:36:43
From: RP
Subject: Converting time

Hello,

My question is: at work I have a time clock that is "measured by 100",
meaning 25 = 15 minutes, 50 = 30 minutes, etc.

First of all, is this a "military style" clock?  And what is the
(hopefully easy) formula that I can use to convert the time clock at
my work into "real time", for example, I've worked 742 units - how
many hours/minutes is that in real time?

Thanks.

Date: 8/30/96 at 13:54:17
From: Doctor Jodi
Subject: Re: Converting time
I've heard the term "military time" used to refer to the 24 hour clock
which expresses midnight as 0000, 2AM as 0200, 2PM as 1400, etc.

To translate time on your clock into standard time, you need to take

                 hour        60 minutes
               100 units        hour

Does that make sense?  Write us back if you need more help.

-Doctor Jodi,  The Math Forum

Middle School Calendars/Dates/Time