Metric Prefixes

Date: 9/15/96 at 13:55:21
From: Technical Services
Subject: Metric Prefixes

What are the metric prefixes for 10e4, 10e5, 10e7, 10e8 and the
corresponding neg. values?

Thanks...

Date: 9/16/96 at 14:27:54
From: Doctor Tom
Subject: Re: Metric Prefixes

There aren't any.  It's convenient to have names for 10, 100, 1/10,
and 1/100, but it's not worth it to have names for the sizes you've
mentioned.  Nobody would remember them.  So I simply say 10 million
volts or 10 megavolts, et cetera.

For more information on metric prefixes, see
http://edie.cprost.sfu.ca/~rhlogan/metric.html   .

-Doctor Tom,  The Math Forum

Elementary Terms & Units of Measurement