Subtrahend and Minuend

Date: 03/10/97 at 16:37:15
From: Samuel Hwang
Subject:Subtrahend and minuend

Dear Dr.Math,

I am doing a project for Math and one of the things that I need
to find out is what a subtrahend and a minuend is.  I think they have
to do with subtraction.

Thanks!

Date: 03/11/97 at 02:20:02
From: Doctor Mike
Subject: Re: Subtrahend and minuend

Hi Samuel,   These can be looked up in a normal dictionary, too.
Here is an example that shows the meaning of the words.

    1234             minuend
   - 111        - subtrahend
    1123          difference

I hope this helps.