What is Denary?

Date: 06/07/99 at 05:52:52
From: Keith
Subject: Denary

What is denary? Could you please give me two examples?

Cheers.

Date: 06/07/99 at 12:37:39
From: Doctor Peterson
Subject: Re: Denary

Hi, Keith.

According to my dictionary, denary means

    1. Tenfold
    2. Divided or counted by tens; decimal

It comes from the Latin word "denarius," which was a coin equal in
value to ten "asses."

I'll let you come up with the examples, if two definitions aren't
enough.

- Doctor Peterson, The Math Forum

Middle School Definitions