Converting Micrograms to Milligrams

Date: 08/10/99 at 21:03:04
From: jonni jones
Subject: Metric Conversion

I am trying to convert micrograms to milligrams. I think there are
1000 mcg in 1 mg, but I am unable to confirm this.

Date: 08/11/99 at 08:23:41
From: Doctor Jerry
Subject: Re: Metric Conversion

One microgram is 10^{-6} grams.

One milligram is 10^{-3} grams.

So, 1 microgram = 10^{-3}*(10^{-3} grams) = 10^{-3} milligrams.

So, 1000 micrograms is 1 milligram, as you said.

- Doctor Jerry, The Math Forum

Elementary Terms & Units of Measurement