Is Zero a Digit?

Date: 9/3/95 at 21:4:6
From: Anonymous
Subject: Zero??

Hello again!

New question...is zero considered a digit?  I think so, but there has
been much discussion in my class!

I certainly do appreciate all your help!

Thanks

Date: 9/4/95 at 11:51:22
From: Doctor Ken
Subject: Re: Zero??

Hello!

Yes, zero is a digit.  It's a really really important digit!  A digit is
anything that you can write down in your expression of a number in
regular notation.  So since zero shows up in numbers like 307, and 10,
and even 0, zero is a digit.

-Doctor Ken,  The Geometry Forum

Associated Topics:
Elementary Number Sense/About Numbers