Number Palindromes?

Date: 5/17/96 at 14:16:39
From: Bev McDaniel
Subject: Number palindromes?

Our 4th grade class would like to know what a number is called that
can be read the same frontwards and backwards. Example: 62626

We know that a word that can be read the same frontwards and backwards
is called a palindrome. Examples: hannah, dad, and mom.

Thank you for your help!

Bev McDaniel
Mossyrock Elementary
Mossyrock, Washington

Date: 5/17/96 at 16:44:20
From: Doctor Ken
Subject: Re: Number palindromes?

Hello!

In math, a number that's the same forward and backward is also called
a palindrome, just as it would be if it were a word.

Here's a question for you: how many 5-digit palindrome numbers are
there?

Straw?  No, too stupid a fad.  I put soot on warts.

-Doctor Ken,  The Math Forum

Elementary Number Sense/About Numbers