How we solve problems

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 17:23:51 CST
From: Anonymous
Subject: You're right

How do you know all these problems, do you use a computer or calculator?

Do you know 364,786,598+56=364,786,654?

Tell me if I'm wrong.

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 19:11:31 -0500 (EST)
From: Dr. Sydney
Subject: Re: You're right

Hello there!  Thanks for writing Dr. Math!  When we do problems like the one
you are asking about dealing with addition, we usually write it out and
check it, but sometimes we do use calculators and also computers when we
answer questions.  In fact, we have found computers to be very helpful when
graphing functions.  Do you know what a function is?

Your addition looks great to me!  Please write back if you have any more
questions.

--Sydney, "Dr. Addition"

Associated Topics:
Elementary Addition