Teaching your Baby Math

Date: 7/6/96 at 15:1:5
From: George Thoman
Subject: Baby Math College

Years ago, I saw a TV program about a baby college that taught babies
how to read dots which they would add or subtract. They had a program
that they would send you to work with your baby at home.

bluesunbpk@aol.com

Date: 7/13/96 at 15:49:21
From: Doctor Jodi
Subject: Re: Baby Math College

Hi there!  We found information about these for-profit programs at

  http://199.97.229.105/IAHP/HTML/GRcatalg/GR22.html

Personally, I would take their programs with a LARGE grain of salt
before swallowing.  Their claims are too great for my liking.

HOW TO TEACH YOUR BABY MATH
Glenn Doman and Janet Doman (The Better Baby Press) Revised and
updated edition

When How To Teach Your Baby To Read sold over a million copies, a high
percentage of the parents who had successfully taught their children
to read asked Glenn Doman, "How do I teach my baby math?"

It took ten long years to discover the answer. This book provides
parents with a simple and clear daily program for teaching small
children mathematics while simultaneously enriching their mutual love
and respect.

Mathematics, say the authors, is not a subject like geography but a
way of thinking and reasoning. They show clearly just how easy it is
to teach a young child the reality of quantity and the simple truth
behind the symbols we use in mathematics.

The authors emphasize throughout that the process is a joyous one.
Indeed, as this exciting book shows, teaching babies mathematics opens
yet another marvelous path on the long road to ultimate maturity.

Historically, we have not only dreadfully underestimated the tiny
child's ability to do math (while substantially overestimating our own
ability) but we have given him material to work with that falls far
short of his ability and his level of enjoyment. It is a miracle we
have not bored him to death, instead of just boring him to the point
of not wanting to do math. - Glenn Doman, How To Teach Your Baby Math

Hardcover 228 pages
ISBN 0-944349-52-8

HOW TO TEACH YOUR BABY MATH VIDEO
55 minutes, VHS (The Better Baby Press)

Glenn Doman, Janet Doman and Susan Aisen instruct parents in the basic
principles behind teaching a tiny child mathematics. Everything you
need to begin is covered here including how to begin, how to develop
and expand the program, how to organize your materials and how to
develop your child's natural enthusiasm for mathematics. Delightful
demonstrations by mothers and children show that good teaching and a
good time go hand-in-hand. This is video program that you will view
again and again.

HOW TO TEACH YOUR BABY MATH LECTURE TAPES
135 minutes, 3 audio cassettes (The Better Baby Press)

Glenn Doman traces the history of how The Institutes first learned
about tiny children's ability to understand mathematics, and then
covers the basic philosophy of the program. Janet Doman and Susan
Aisen outline an easy to follow, step-by-step home program. Recorded
live during the How To Multiply Your Baby's Intelligence Course, vital
points come to life along with valuable insights and explanations
which are found nowhere else.

The Glenn Doman
HOW TO TEACH YOUR BABY MATH KIT

This kit is designed for those who already have the revised and
updated book How To Teach Your Baby Math and wish to have the quantity
recognition materials to begin their program. The kit contains Dot
Cards 0 to 100 on 11" by 11" sturdy poster board. This revised and
updated kit now provides mother with up to sixteen equations on the
back of each card which saves precious time and energy and allows
mother more time to be teaching and less time spent at a calculator!

The Glenn Doman
HOW TO TEACH YOUR BABY MATH CLASSIC KIT

This kit is what you and your baby need to get started right away.
Contains the revised and updated, hardcover edition of How To Teach
Your Baby Math and the 101 Dot Cards described above.

The Glenn Doman
HOW TO TEACH YOUR BABY MATH DELUXE KIT

The Deluxe Kit contains the revised,updated hardbound book, the 60
minute video cassette and the 101 Dot Cards

and ...

The Glenn Doman
HOW TO TEACH YOUR BABY MATH SUPER DELUXE KIT

This is literally everything presently available in print, video and
audio on the subject of how to teach your baby math. This is the
perfect present for expectant parents so that they can be ready to
start when the baby arrives. It contains the hardbound book, the video
cassette, the audio lecture tapes and the complete set of Dot Cards
from 0 to 100.

-Doctor Jodi,  The Math Forum

Elementary Addition