Basic Math

Date: 15 Nov 1994 17:49:45 U
From: "Cynthia Schwartz"
Subject: Problem #2

        Reply to:   Problem #2

dear doctor etthan

what is
88888/999999999 ?

are you  good at      /  ;-)

adam schwartz

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 10:10:37 -0500 (EST)
From: Dr. Ethan
Subject: Re: Problem #2

Hey Adam,

        Sorry that it took me so long to reply to you but here I am.  You
sure do think up tough problems.  The answer to the division problem you
sent in is a very small number.  Have you studied decimals?  This answer to
your question is a decimal and it is:

Whoa, that decimal was so long that I had to use two lines.  If this answer
doesn't make sense to you then ask somebody to explain decimals.

Now here are some problems for you.  I'm not sure what you can do so I will
give you some multiplication to try.  If these are too hard or too easy write
back and I will give you different ones.

25 X 2 =
34 X 5 =
24 X 35=
100 X 100

Hope these are fun - if you want more just ask.
        Ethan, Doctor ON Call

Dear Dr. Ethan,
This is Mom.  You are good at multiplication!
Thanks for answering Adam's math problem.

We're taking you up on your offer.  Can you send Adam some math

Mrs. Schwartz (aka as Mrs. Shorts to kids under 5)
Associated Topics:
Elementary Division