What is the Largest Sided Polygon?

Date: 12 Apr 1995 19:48:44 -0400
From: Stephanie Deitz
Subject: Geometry

Dear Dr. Math,
What is largest sided polygon?
Signed,
Stephanie Deitz

Date: 12 Apr 1995 23:04:33 -0400
From: Dr. Ken
Subject: Re: Geometry

Hello there!

This is a great question!  In fact, there is no largest sided polygon,
just as there is no largest counting number.  If you give me any
number, no matter how big (just as long as it doesn't have fractions
in it; it has to be a whole number), I can make a polygon with that
number of sides.

I hope you keep thinking about questions like this!

-Ken "Dr." Math

Associated Topics:
Elementary Geometry
Elementary Triangles and Other Polygons