Golden Ratio and Golden Rectangle

Date: 5/8/96 at 21:14:34
From: Anonymous
Subject: Golden Ratio and Golden Rectangle

Can you please give me information or a lead as to where to look for
the following:

1. What is the golden ratio?
2. What is the golden rectangle?
3. What is the value of the golden ratio?
4. How is the golden ratio related to the golden rectangle?
5. How is it still used today?

Thank You.

Date: 5/13/96 at 10:59:22
From: Doctor Jodi

Hi there!

The relation between the golden ratio/golden rectangle/Fibonacci
numbers is a really great topic! I'm going to send you a few Web
addresses related to this question. You can also search the Dr. Math
archive at http://mathforum.org/dr.math/    for more answers.

 http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fib.html
Lots of pages here on this topic. A great place to start!

 http://galaxy.cau.edu/tsmith/KW/golden.html
Good introductory pages with nice pictures. There's a nice path
through them, too.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

-Doctor Jodi,  The Math Forum

Elementary Golden Ratio/Fibonacci Sequence